SMS (TEXT) MARKETING TRENDS FOR SMALL BUSINESS
SMS marketing is an extremely cost-efficient and effective marketing channel. And the only channel to exceed the ROI of email marketing.
Regarding SMS’s available audiences and their behaviors, TechJury’s aggregated statistics find that:
1. “48% of the world population owned smartphones in 2021.”
2. “There will be 7 billion mobile users globally by 2024.”
3. “88% of people use their phones mostly for texting.”
99Firms confirms these findings as well, adding that both marketers and audiences embrace it:
1. “96% of marketers using text messages said it helped them drive revenue.”
2. “91% of customers are interested in signing up for texts.”
3. “More than 69% of consumers would interact with businesses via text message.”
Finally, they cite EZTexting to conclude that an astounding 70% of recipients read SMS within 5 minutes of receiving them.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BEST USES OF SMS MARKETING
Lead acquisition and nurturing. The above cited research also finds that customers wish to opt for marketing SMS for benefits, primarily discounts, gifts, and points. It’s also easier for them than app-bound push notifications and cluttered email inboxes. For marketers, this eagerness can serve to nurture leads and begin customer journeys.
Conversion. Once customers have opted to receive marketing SMS, audiences then expect relevant offers and recommendations. Special offers and other promotional messages can thus help drive conversions and reveal upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
Retention. Finally, with customer retention being as extremely valuable as it is, SMS marketing also fosters loyalty. Audiences value appointment reminders and delivery status updates very highly, and consistency in both inspires trust and boosts retention rates.
In summary, SMS marketing does not have to introduce new funnel processes; it can feasibly augment existing ones. With proper implementation, SMS marketing can improve such processes and help optimize your sales funnel from beginning to end.
When contemplating SMS marketing, consider:
1. Promotions must be simple and timely. Nobody wants their time wasted with irrelevant offers. In other words, know your audience and what appeals to them.
1. Promotions must be simple and timely. Nobody wants their time wasted with irrelevant offers.
In other words, know your audience and what appeals to them.